Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Call Now. Se Habla Español.

Spine Specialist

Spine Specialist

Spine Specialist Near Me

Spine Specialist

If you’ve been injured at work or in a car accident, fast treatment is critical. Seeking treatment from a spinal specialist immediately improves the outcome. Learn more about the common types of back injuries and the treatments available when you see a spine specialist.

Herniated Disc

Many people experience a herniated disc after a car or work-related accident. A herniated disc is diagnosed when the gelatinous material inside of the disc leaks out of the hard outer layer. The fluid can press against nerves, causing pain. You might have a herniated disc if you experience neck, arm, or leg pain. You also might notice numbness or tingling in your arms.

A spine specialist can provide conservative and surgical treatments. Treatments might include physical therapy, medication, or manual traction. If conservative treatment doesn’t work, your spine specialist might recommend a discectomy.

Facet Joint Injuries

Facet joints play an important role in controlling your body’s movement and supporting your weight. If the joint is struck by force during a car accident or worker’s comp injury, you can experience a great deal of pain. The pain will likely be more severe when you lean forward. The pain tends to radiate with a facet joint injury, and you might notice tenderness at the site of the injury.

Your spine specialist will begin with conservative treatments for joint injury. This can include chiropractic manipulation, medications, and physical therapy. Your spine specialist also might inject Botox into the area. If conservative treatments don’t work, a spinal fusion might be necessary to treat this injury.

Soft Tissue Injuries

Car accidents and worker’s comp injuries often damage the soft tissue. The force of the injury could cause your soft tissue to stretch or tear. Symptoms can include back pain and stiffness, muscle spasms, and difficulty maintaining posture. For example, you might have a hard time standing up straight if you have a soft tissue injury.

Your spine specialist will likely recommend physical therapy to treat this problem. You also might need chiropractic care and medications to treat the injury. Injections and oral anti-inflammatory medications might also be used to reduce swelling and inflammation while alleviating pain. Your spine specialist will devise a treatment plan for you.

Spinal Fractures

If you were in a serious car or workplace accident, you might have a spinal fracture. Fractures cause pain, swelling, numbness, and tingling. Your spine specialist will likely use immobilization to treat the fracture. Immobilization helps the bones heal properly and also reduces the pain. Severe cases do require surgery. Your spine specialist will go over your options with you, and then you will begin treatment.

Protect Your Spine After a Car or Workplace Accident

If you have been injured in a car accident or at work, don’t wait for the symptoms to go away. Back injuries often get worse if left untreated. That means you could end up immobile if you try to ignore the symptoms. Instead, contact a spine specialist. Your spine specialist will diagnose the injury and provide a treatment plan just for you. Then you will begin the road to recovery.  

Find Workers’ Comp Doctor Near You

Medical Services

Latest posts

Contact Us